1. The MACKENZIE RESP Contest (the “Contest”) is being held by Mackenzie Financial Corporation (the “Contest Sponsor”) between 12:00pm (EDT) on January 6, 2018 and 11:59pm (EDT) on March 31, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).. 2. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules (the “Official Rules”).
3. This Contest is open to residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their respective province. Employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Sponsor, its parent or related companies, publicity or promotional agencies, suppliers of materials and services related to the Contest, as well as their immediate family members (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and all persons with whom these employees, agents or representatives reside, whether related or not, are excluded from participating in the Contest.
4. Participation: No product purchase is required to enter the Contest. To enter, a participant must use one or more of the following participation methods during the Contest Period:
(i) IPad. To enter, a participant must complete the entry submission form and confirm that he/she has read and agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules.
(ii) Twitter. To enter, Mackenzie will post a link at http://www.Twitter.com which will direct the participant to the Mackenzie website where the participant must complete the entry submission form and confirm that he/she has read and agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules.
(iii) Facebook. To enter, Mackenzie will post a link at http://www.Facebook.com which will direct the participant to the Mackenzie website where the participant must complete the entry submission form and confirm that he/she has read and agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules.
(iv) Instagram. To enter, Mackenzie will post a link at http://www.instagram.com, which will direct the participant to the Mackenzie website where the participant must complete the entry submission form and confirm that he/she has read and agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules.
For each entry validly made through the participation methods described above during the Contest Period, in accordance with these Official Rules, the participant will be granted one (1) chance to participate in the draw for the Prize, as further described below. Each participant may submit a maximum of one (1) entry per day, regardless of the method of entry during the Contest Period. All entries must comply with the requirements of these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the requirements of Sections 15 and 16.
5. There is one (1) Prize available to be won through the Contest. The draw for the name of the winner (the “Draw”) will be held on April 11, 2018, at approximately 2:00pm (EDT), at the Contest Sponsor’s office in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The winner will be randomly selected among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
6. The prize (“Prize”) consists of an award of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000) to be invested by the winner in a Registered Education Savings Plan (“RESP”) offered by Mackenzie Financial Corporation utilizing eligible Mackenzie mutual funds for investment purposes for the benefit of a minor child designated by the winner.
7. The chances of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
8. The participant whose entry has been selected (the “Selected Participant”) will be notified by the Contest Sponsor through electronic communication to the email address provided by the participant on entering the Contest within five (5) Business Days following the Draw. Upon notification, the Selected Participant must respond through the communication method described in the notification, and the Selected Participant’s response must be received by the Contest Sponsor within five (5) Business Days of such notification. If the Selected Participant does not respond in accordance with these Official Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another eligible entry will be selected in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as a participant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Participant to receive notification of being selected as the winner or for the Contest Sponsor to receive a Selected Participant’s response. In these Official Rules, a “Business Day” is every day other than a Saturday, Sunday or statutory public holiday in the Province of Ontario.
9. In order to be declared the winner of the Prize (the “Winner”), the Selected Participant must comply with the following conditions:
(i) The Contest Sponsor will send the Selected Participant a declaration and release form (the “Declaration and Release”) whereby the Selected Participant acknowledges and confirms, amongst other things, that (i) he or she is eligible for the Contest; (ii) the Official Rules have been complied with; (iii) he or she accepts the Prize as offered, (iv) he or she grants to the Contest Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Contest Sponsor discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt and otherwise use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof; and (iv) he or she releases the Contest Sponsor and any organization participating in the award of the Prize or the Contest and their respective employees from any and all liability for any harm, accident, loss or prejudice related to the Contest, the prize or the use of the prize. The original completed and executed Declaration and Release must be returned to the Contest Sponsor at 180 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3K1 for Attention: Alyson Fuller, Director of Sponsorship and Marketing, so that it is received by the Contest Sponsor within five (5) Business Days following the sending of the Declaration and Release to the Selected Participant.
(ii) The Selected Participant must also correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question at a mutually agreeable time and location.
If the provisions of subparagraph (i) above are not complied with by the Selected Participant, or should the Selected Participant not correctly answer the skill-testing question pursuant to subparagraph (ii) above, then the Selected Participant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited. In such event another eligible participant will be selected by the Contest Sponsor in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion as the Selected Participant and the provisions of paragraph 8 above will apply to that Selected Participant. This process will be repeated, if necessary, until a Winner of the Prize is declared.
10. Once a Selected Participant is declared a Winner, the Contest Sponsor will arrange for the award of the Prize to the Winner which will require that the Winner complete and sign the requisite account application forms and other documentation for the opening of the RESP account with the Contest Sponsor. The award of the Prize will be finalized once all conditions have been satisfied.
11. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize of equal or greater value if the Prize cannot be awarded for any reason.
12. Entries are subject to verification by the Contest Sponsor. At the Contest Sponsor’s discretion, verification may include the obligation to provide a piece of photo identification showing a valid address. Any entry that is incomplete, fraudulent, or not in accordance with the provisions of the Official Rules or received after the Contest ends will be automatically rejected and will not give any right to the Prize. The decision of the Contest Sponsor to this effect is final and without appeal.
13. All intellectual property rights in the promotional material and the Contest Materials are the exclusive property of the Contest Sponsor. All rights are reserved.
14. The Contest Sponsor’s computer system (the “Contest Computer”) serves to regulate all technological and time-related aspects of the Contest and, among other things, is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. All decisions linked to time-related aspects as recorded or otherwise regulated by the Contest Computer are final and binding in all respects.
15. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to exclude from the Contest and any other Contest or future promotion organized by the Contest Sponsor, any person guilty or suspected of being guilty of having tampered with the treatment of the entries, the Contest process, of having violated the Official Rules or having acted in a disloyal manner or in a manner which adversely affects or is intended to disturb, abuse, threaten or harass another person. A participant or any other person who attempts to deliberately hinder the legitimacy of the contest process commits criminal and civil offences and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in such case, to claim damages to the extent permitted by law.
16. By participating in this Contest, participants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information, by the Contest Sponsor, the Contest organizer and their authorized service providers and agents, for the purposes of administering the Contest. By accepting the Prize, the Winner consents to the collection, use and public disclosure of their name, address (city, province), voice, statements, photographs or other representations for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or other format, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. The participants will be asked on the submission form whether they would like to be contacted by one of the financial advisors of an affiliate of the Contest Sponsor, if the participant consents to this communication then the participant may be contacted by a financial advisor. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without the participant’s consent.
17. The Contest Sponsor accepts no responsibility for, and each Contest Participant, by entering or attempting to enter the Contest, hereby releases the Contest Sponsor, its related companies, and their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any loss, damage, demands, liabilities, or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or the Prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing the Releasees shall not be liable for (i) the malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communication line relating to the loss or absence of any communication network, or relating to any transmission rendered inadequate, delayed, mistakenly sent, incomplete, or erased by any computer or network, and which could limit or prevent an individual’s ability to enter the Contest; and (ii) any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the failed transmission of the entry form or any information required for entry in the Contest; and (iii) any damage or loss that may be caused by late or lost entries.
18. Subject to first obtaining any necessary governmental authorizations, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Contest or to amend, modify or make additions to the Official Rules, at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, and subject to any governmental approval which may be required, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or to modify, suspend or prolong it in any way, if it considers, in its sole discretion, that the holding of the Contest is in danger or corrupted in any way or that technical fraud, problems, weaknesses or malfunctions (including, without limitation, computer viruses, glitches, printing or production errors) have prevented or seriously endangered the proper functioning, integrity, and/or feasibility of the Contest, in whole or part. In the event the Contest Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as planned, or the Contest Sponsor wishes to, due to an event beyond its control, such as a fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic or health hazard or crisis, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, fortuitous event, criminal act, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), federal, provincial or local law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of a court or other authority, or any other factor that may reasonably be considered to be independent of the Contest Sponsor’s wishes, then, subject to any governmental approval which may be required, the Contest Sponsor may modify, suspend, prolong or terminate the Contest. Participation in the Contest or the claim of the Prize shall be in the sole and exclusive discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
19. The Contest is governed by federal, provincial and municipal law and regulations. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or to modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Official Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason, without prior notice.
© 2018 Mackenzie Investments. All rights reserved.