Our team digs deep to uncover smaller companies with unrealized growth potential. We scour the small-mid cap market in the US, where tomorrow’s great companies are being forged in the world’s most highly developed entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Mackenzie Growth Team
We uncover growth opportunities in smaller US companies, targeting high quality, relatively unknown innovators at the forefront of changing technology, consumer needs and attitudes.
Meet our team
Phil Taller, MBA,CFA
Investment experience since 1991
Joined Mackenzie in 2011; investment experience since 1991
- With decades of expertise in US mid-cap stocks, Phil has managed Mackenzie US Small-Mid Cap Growth Fund since inception in 2002
- Formerly, managed $10 billion at a leading Canadian mutual fund company, focused on US equities and bottom-up company analysis as a Portfolio Manager on the Canadian Equities team
- BMath; MBA from the Schulich School of Business
John Lumbers, CFA
Investment experience since 2011
Joined Mackenzie in 2011; investment experience since 2011
- 10 years in analyst and portfolio management roles on the Mackenzie Growth Team
- Expertise in various growth-oriented sectors, including: healthcare, information technology, payments and fintech.
- BA in Applied Economics from Queen’s University
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
The content of this web page (including facts, views, opinions, recommendations, descriptions of or references to, products or securities) is not to be used or construed as investment advice, as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, or an endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship of any entity or security cited. Although we endeavour to ensure its accuracy and completeness, we assume no responsibility for any reliance upon it.