The Fundata FundGrade A+ Awards are presented annually to Canadian investment funds that achieve consistently high FundGrade scores through an entire calendar year.
Performance and number of mutual funds in the category for the period ending December 31, 2017 is as follows:
- Mackenzie Canadian Growth Balanced Fund Series A: 9.8%, 302 funds (1 year), 8.6%, n/a (3 years), 11.6%, n/a (5 years), 6.0%, n/a (10 years) and 8.1%, n/a (since inception on November 28, 1996).
- Mackenzie Canadian Growth Fund Series A: 14.2%, 409 funds (1 year), 12.4%, n/a (3 years), 16.0%, n/a (5 years), 7.5%, n/a (10 years) and 9.9%, n/a (since inception on January 30, 1976).
- Mackenzie Global Dividend Fund Series A: 12.8%, 838 funds (1 year), 12.5%, n/a (3 years), 13.6%, (5 years), n/a (10 years) and 9.1%, n/a (since inception on March 28, 2008).
- Mackenzie Income Fund Series A: 4.4%, 330 funds (1 year), 4.1%, n/a (3 years), 5.2%, n/a (5 years), 4.3%, n/a (10 years) and 8.1%, n/a (since inception on September 30, 1974).
- Mackenzie Global Strategic Income Fund Series A: 7.3%, 688 funds (1 year), 6.9%, n/a (3 years), 8.2%, n/a (5 years), n/a (10 years) and 6.1%, n/a (since inception on March 31, 2008).
- Mackenzie Monthly Income Balanced Portfolio Series A: 4.9%, 688 funds (1 year), n/a (3 years), n/a (5 years), n/a (10 years) and 5.7%, n/a (since inception on December 1, 2014).
- Mackenzie Monthly Income Conservative Portfolio Series A: 4.0%, 220 funds (1 year), n/a (3 years), n/a (5 years), n/a (10 years) and 4.6%, n/a (since inception on December 1, 2014).
- Mackenzie US Dividend Fund Series A: 13.5%, 703 funds (1 year), 13.2%, n/a (3 years), n/a (5 years), n/a (10 years) and 14.7%, n/a (since inception on April 23, 2014).
For more information on the FundGrade rating system, visit their corporate website.
About Mackenzie Investments
Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967, and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services. With $127.1 billion in assets under management as at December 31, 2017, Mackenzie Investments distributes its investment services through multiple distribution channels to both retail and institutional investors. Mackenzie Investments is a member of the IGM Financial Inc. (TSX: IGM) group of companies. IGM Financial is one of Canada's premier financial services companies with over $157 billion in total assets under management as at December 31, 2017.
About Fundata Canada Inc.
Fundata Canada Inc. has been providing data aggregation and dissemination services to the Canadian media and financial marketplace since 1987. Fundata is a major provider in the distribution of fund and stock information in Canada.
About the Fundata FundGrade A+ Rating
FundGrade A+® is used with permission from Fundata Canada Inc., all rights reserved. The annual FundGrade A+® Awards are presented by Fundata Canada Inc. to recognize the “best of the best” among Canadian investment funds. The FundGrade A+® calculation is supplemental to the monthly FundGrade ratings and is calculated at the end of each calendar year. The FundGrade rating system evaluates funds based on their risk-adjusted performance, measured by Sharpe Ratio, Sortino Ratio, and Information Ratio. The score for each ratio is calculated individually, covering all time periods from 2 to 10 years. The scores are then weighted equally in calculating a monthly FundGrade. The top 10% of funds earn an A Grade; the next 20% of funds earn a B Grade; the next 40% of funds earn a C Grade; the next 20% of funds receive a D Grade; and the lowest 10% of funds receive an E Grade. To be eligible, a fund must have received a FundGrade rating every month in the previous year. The FundGrade A+® uses a GPA-style calculation, where each monthly FundGrade from “A” to “E” receives a score from 4 to 0, respectively. A fund’s average score for the year determines its GPA. Any fund with a GPA of 3.5 or greater is awarded a FundGrade A+® Award. For more information, see www.FundGradeAwards.com. Although Fundata makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the data contained herein, the accuracy is not guaranteed by Fundata.
For further information, please contact:
Director, Communications and Media Relations