The Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program is offered through the Strategic Charitable Giving Foundation, a non-profit charitable corporation. As with any registered charity, donations are irrevocable; however, the donor retains the right to advise the Foundation on which charities receive annual grants and to name successors who may offer direction in their place. For this reason, the program is known as a “donor-advised program.”
- An account is established with an initial donation of $25,000 or more in cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds or insurance – all of which is eligible for a donation tax receipt.
- The donor names their account. Every time a grant is sent to a charity, the fund's name is cited as the source of the gift. Donors may also choose to give anonymously.
- Account is administered under the Strategic Charitable Giving Foundation.
- Donations are invested in a conservative investment selected by the donor, as an agent of the Strategic Charitable Giving Foundation and managed by Mackenzie Investments.
- The donor selects an annual donation rate between 4 and 8%.
Donations to the Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program can be invested in any one of 15 funds, offering the potential for donations to grow and ultimately result in additional dollars to charities over time.
- Mackenzie Ivy Canadian Balanced Fund
- Mackenzie Canadian Growth Balanced Fund
- Mackenzie Income Fund
- Mackenzie Strategic Income Fund
- Mackenzie Ivy Global Balanced Fund
- Mackenzie Global Strategic Income Fund
- Mackenzie Global Sustainability and Impact Balanced Fund
- Mackenzie US Strategic Income Fund