Canada’s taxation system is highly complex and ever-changing. However, there are strategies that can help minimize the tax investors will pay, allowing them to get the most out of their savings and investments.
Personal tax-savings strategies
- Maximize a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) and invest in mutual funds, where investment income can grow tax-free.
- Use a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) which can defer taxes to future years.
- For those with a disability, maximize tax-deferred savings in a Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP).
- Income split between family members, which can free up money to save or invest.
Tax-efficient investment solutions
Mackenzie Investments offers several solutions to maximize tax-efficient investing including:
- Corporate Class funds which are a tax-efficient way to build wealth faster by minimizing and deferring taxes outside of registered plans.
- Series T funds which provide an alternative for investors looking for steady cash flow with the potential for capital appreciation
- Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program which is a donor-advised giving program designed to provide you with a strategic and more focused approach to giving.
Find the strategy that’s right for you
Work with your advisor to come up with the right tax-savings strategies and investment solutions that are right for you.