Inception: October 1992 (1)
Benchmark: MSCI World Total Return Index
Lead Portfolio Manager: Matt Moody
Investment Adviser: Mackenzie Financial Corporation
- Focused on businesses that, as a result of their distinct competitive advantages, are able to grow their future earnings with little or no dependence on financial leverage or external factors.
- Belief that downside protection while participating enough on the upside will lead to above-average compound returns over a full market cycle.
- A long-term view and focus on fundamental bottom-up analysis, drives the conviction to act counter-cyclically, potentially adding value to the portfolio over time.
The Mackenzie Ivy team aims to invest in high quality companies at reasonable prices. We believe that investing in high quality companies that foster strong corporate culture will drive sustainable earnings power and competitive advantages, and as a result deliver consistent performance and superior downside protection over the long-term.
- Labor intensive, bottom-up investment approach focused on identifying high-quality businesses around the world with an emphasis on developed markets.
- Intensive fundamental analysis of each company's competitive position, management strengths, expected profitability and financial position.
- Once high-quality companies are identified, proprietary valuation models are used to determine appropriate entry prices to establish positions.
- Target 35-55 securities from equity markets around the globe and typically with market capitalizations above US$3 billion.
1 Mackenzie Investments (the “Firm”) has been managing Global Large Cap Quality Growth Constrained assets since September 2012. The Firm claims compliance with GIPS® starting January 1, 2008 and has been independently verified for the period of January 1, 2008 to December 31, 2018
© 2022 Mackenzie Financial Corporation. All rights reserved.
The material presented on this website is for informational purposes only and is intended for institutions, investment professionals, consultants and clients, and does not constitute an offer or solicitation of any kind to buy or sell any investment fund or any other product, investment, security, trading strategy or other service to anyone in any jurisdiction in which an offer or solicitation is not authorized or cannot legally be made or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer. Prospective clients are responsible for determining whether any product or service may lawfully be sold in their jurisdiction.
Investing involves risk.
The contents of this document are provided for illustrative and marketing purposes and do not constitute specific advice regarding your personal investment situation or provide specific individual advice about investment, insurance, financial, legal, accounting, tax or similar matters. Certain information contained in this document is obtained from third parties. Mackenzie Investments believes such information to be accurate and reliable as at the date hereof, however, we cannot guarantee that it is accurate or complete or current at all times. The information provided is subject to change without notice and Mackenzie Investments cannot be held liable for any loss arising from any use of or reliance on the information contained in this document. No portion of this communication may be reproduced or distributed to anyone without the express permission of Mackenzie Investments.
The Mackenzie Global Large Cap Quality Growth Composite contains fully discretionary, Global Large Cap Quality Growth accounts. New accounts are included in the Composite beginning with the first full month under management after they have been fully invested.
GIPS Compliance Statement
Mackenzie Investments claims compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®).
The Global Large Cap Quality Growth Composite seeks to provide long-term capital growth by investing in high quality, larger capitalization companies from anywhere in the world with a focus on maximizing risk-adjusted returns. The composite was created on December 31, 2012.
The benchmark is the MSCI World Total Return Index, net of withholding taxes. The MSCI World Index is a free float adjusted, market capitalization weighted index that is designed to measure the equity market performance of developed markets. It consists of 23 developed market country indices.
List of Composites
A complete list of composite descriptions is available to prospective clients upon request. Please contact Dean Silver at firstname.lastname@example.org.