We Invest in People
At Mackenzie Investments, we value innovation, leadership and personal commitment. Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, whose efforts have created a solid foundation for the confidence shown in us by our peers, investors and their financial advisors.
Being part of our team means:
- Being part of an industry leader: Mackenzie Investments is a leading Canadian mutual fund company with strong growth, market share and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Contributing to a dynamic work environment: Join a fast-paced work environment with other talented, energetic people who make things happen. Our informal, productive atmosphere encourages innovation and initiative. Take part in a variety of company-sponsored events to learn, inspire or just have fun.
- Building your career: We are committed to ongoing employee learning and development through in-house training programs, financial assistance for qualified courses and supporting self-learning opportunities. Wherever possible, we recruit and promote from within.
- Being rewarded for your contributions: In addition to a competitive salary and an extended benefits package, we offer a bonus program, an employee share purchase plan, a group RRSP (100% employer contribution), and a generous vacation policy.
- Supporting your community: Mackenzie Investments provides substantial financial support to countless Canadian charities and encourages employee participation. Our commitment is demonstrated through our employee-driven Charitable Foundation and a paid day each year for each employee to volunteer their time with a charitable organization of their choice. Mackenzie is a three-time winner of the Imagine “New Spirit of Community” Corporate Citizenship Award, presented annually to Canadian mutual fund companies.
We invest in people. At Mackenzie Investments, we value innovation, leadership and personal commitment. Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, whose efforts have created a solid foundation for the confidence shown in us by our peers, investors and their financial advisors.
Finance manages the corporation's financial reporting. This includes maintaining accounting information, preparing financial statements, paying invoices, monitoring debt covenants, managing liquidity, managing capital, processing payroll, conducting income tax planning, and compliance.
Human Resources provide consulting and administrative services for recruitment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, training and development, and corporate communications to all employees and business units of Mackenzie.
This department provides legal and compliance services to the Mackenzie Group of Companies. The Legal department provide such services to all of the Mackenzie-sponsored mutual funds, the Mackenzie Income Trust, and the Mackenzie Master Limited Partnership.
Computing Environment Infrastructure
The operation, maintenance, and support of the corporate voice and data network involving all personal computers, shared servers attached to this network, telephones and voice network infrastructure.
The design, production, and maintenance of software applications and the management of the underlying databases that comprise the diverse and continually evolving business systems used throughout the corporation and its subsidiaries.
System Security and Standards
Setting and enforcing policies and standards related to: development, operation and maintenance of all our processing systems, computing environments and technology resources; and business continuity planning in the event of significant disruptions to our systems.
Areas within Information Technology include:
- Application Systems
- End-User Support Services and Technology Integration
- Information Technology Architecture
- Computing Services
- Enterprise Data Systems
- Technology Initiatives Office
- System Software Quality Assurance
The Investment Management Department is responsible for all aspects relating to the management and administration of Mackenzie's in-house-managed mutual funds. Their goal is to maximize Mackenzie's mutual fund shareholder's value through detailed research, prudent investment and careful and thorough administration. This department consists of two areas:
- Investments include Mackenzie's Portfolio Managers, Traders, and Research Analysts. They are responsible for all aspects relating to the investment of monies deposited by unit holders in Mackenzie's mutual funds.
- Investment Administration includes support staff, portfolio administration, and corporate changes staff. They are responsible for a variety of administrative tasks associated with unit-holders' investments.
Fund Services provide services to our mutual funds, financing vehicles, and our third party segregated funds. This includes a range of accounting, securities valuation, fund pricing, cash administration, tax administration, financial reporting, and portfolio analysis services for our mutual funds and other financial products launched by Mackenzie. Fund Services also manage the relationship with external service providers for:
- Banking (excluding direct corporate banking)
- Custody of Fund assets
- Investment sub-advisor administration
Areas within Fund Services include:
- Fund Accounting
- Securities Operations
- Financial and Tax Reporting
- Business Analysis
Marketing and Sales
Marketing enhances the recognition, reputation, and the products and services we deliver to the marketplace. The Sales team pursues new relationships and enhances existing relationships with financial advisors, dealers and brokers by encouraging the use of our products and services. They also provide support and services to help them build their business and thrive in today's competitive financial services industry. Both the Marketing and Sales play a key role in business and product development.
Positions within the Marketing and Sales area include:
- District Sales Coordinator
- District Sales Representative (inside sales)
- District Vice President, Retail Sales (Wholesalers)
- Product Managers
Operations Services ensures that all aspects of processing client transactions are completed accurately and in a timely manner. This group provides professional responses to inquiries and first-class support for all types of interfaces with Mackenzie. Operations Services' goals are to ensure that financial advisors, and ultimately investors, are provided with timely and accurate completion of their transaction requests with the highest level of customer service.
Areas within Operations Services include:
- Client Relations
- Adjustment Services
- Service Solutions
- Dealer Services
- Production Services
- Specialized Processing
Client Relations responds to all client inquiries received through the call centre, internet feedback forms, and written correspondence, in a timely, courteous and effective manner.