We invest in distinctive industry leaders with unique competitive advantages such as intellectual property or high barriers to entry that can protect them from competition and have the potential to drive durable, sustainable returns.
Mackenzie Bluewater Team
of distinct companies
Mackenzie Bluewater has created its own distinctive blueprint for success, designed to harness the consistent growth of a concentrated selection of dominant companies with few competitors.
Meet our team
Dina DeGeer, MBA,CFA
“We curate a very small number of companies that you would hope to be able to own for long periods of time. Once a company is on our shortlist, it rarely leaves, and the main thing that pushes us in and out is valuations.”
Joined Bluewater in 1995; investment experience since 1985
- For over 25 years, Dina has successfully led Mackenzie Bluewater Canadian Growth Fund, making her the longest tenured Canadian equity manager at Mackenzie.
- Dina is the only Canadian ranked in the world’s top 30 female fund managers by Citywire, out of 1,725 managers worldwide.*
David Arpin, MA,CFA
“A lot of companies have great long-term track records, but that record is predicated on the environment continuing the way it has always been.”
Joined Bluewater in 2012; investment experience since 1995
- For the past decade, David has led the team’s US and global mandates, including foreign exposure in the Canadian mandate.
- David brings his training as an economist and over 20 years of experience as a portfolio manager specializing in US/global equities.
Shah Khan, MBA,CFA
Joined Bluewater in 2010; investment experience since 2010
- Sector generalist specializing in Canadian equities
- BSc degree in Biochemistry, MBA and CFA
Tyler Hewlett, CFA
Joined Bluewater in 2022; investment experience since 2001
- Fifteen years at a leading investment firm as lead Portfolio Manager on a number of strategies focusing on North American equities.
- BComm degree from Queen’s University
Dave Taylor, CFA
Joined Bluewater in 2022; investment experience since 2003
- Ten years at a leading investment firm as a Portfolio Manager on a number of strategies.
- Worked in equity research for a tier one Canadian investment dealer, and at a high-net-worth investment boutique.
- BA (Hons.) degree from the University of Western Ontario
* Revealed: The top 30 female fund managers in the world, Citywire Alpha Female Report 2020
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
The content of this web page (including facts, views, opinions, recommendations, descriptions of or references to, products or securities) is not to be used or construed as investment advice, as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, or an endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship of any entity or security cited. Although we endeavour to ensure its accuracy and completeness, we assume no responsibility for any reliance upon it.