The Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program allows investors to make the most out of their donations.
To many investors, success means having the ability to make a difference and leave a lasting legacy. The Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program enables investors to make regular giving a part of their overall financial plan. A simple and convenient solution, the Program combines immediate tax benefits with the ability to support your favourite charities now and into the future.
The Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program is offered through the Strategic Charitable Giving Foundation, a non-profit charitable corporation.
The benefits of the Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program
Clients will receive an immediate tax receipt for their donation. Unused credits may be carried forward for up to 5 years. No capital gains taxes are realized on gifts of long-term appreciated publicly-listed stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
Low Cost Alternative
Compared with the expense of setting up and maintaining a private foundation, the Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program is an inexpensive way to manage a sizeable gift.
Clients may recommend grants to any number of charities or other institutions each year, with minimum grants of $250.
The Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program simplifies the charitable giving experience by handling administrative tasks (i.e. issuing cheques, record-keeping, grant reporting and tax receipts) for each account.
Make a difference today. Speak to your financial advisor to learn more about the benefits of the Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program.
Use our calculators to build your own scenarios
Charitable Giving Tax Credit Calculator
Discover the impact a charitable donation can have on taxes.
Donation of Securities Calculator
Generate a summary of the potential tax savings from donating a security.
- Tax benefits of in-kind donations PDF 155 KB
- Why a donor-advised fund may be right for you PDF 162 KB
- Charitable Giving in Canada: Still going strong PDF 806 KB
- Mackenzie Charitable Giving Donor-Advised Program Advisor Guide PDF(Locked) 998 KB
- Your Discussion Guide on Charitable Giving: How to have meaningful client conversations about philanthropy PDF(Locked) 131 KB
- Help your clients start giving - Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program PDF(Locked) 260 KB
- Testamentary Donations to the Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program PDF 2,9MB
- Investor Guide - Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program PDF 1,34 MB
- Program Guide - Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program PDF 269KB
- Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program Application and Account Opening Form PDF 267KB
- Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program Change of Information Form PDF 251KB
- Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program Transfer of Securities Form PDF 127KB
- Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program Donation Form PDF 130KB
- Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program Transfer of Mackenzie Mutual Funds Form PDF 70KB
- Mackenzie Charitable Giving Program Eligible Fund Code List PDF 68KB
- Proceeds of Stock Options PDF 3.6MB
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
This should not be construed to be legal or tax advice, as each client’s situation is different. Please consult your own legal and tax advisor.
Mackenzie developed the Mackenzie Charitable Giving Fund program with the Strategic Charitable Giving Foundation, a registered Canadian charity. Donations under the program are irrevocable and vest with the Foundation. The information is general in nature and is not intended to be professional tax advice. Each donor’s situation is unique and advice should be received from a financial advisor. Please read the program guide for complete program details, including fees and expenses, before donating.