We design multi-asset solutions that combine traditional and alternative asset classes and strategies to meet distinct objectives. If we can’t source one piece of the puzzle through Mackenzie’s boutiques or global partners, we build and manage it ourselves.
Mackenzie Multi-Asset Strategies Team
next generation thinking
We build modern portfolios designed to deliver on specific investment objectives, whatever the future may bring.
Meet our team
Nelson Arruda, MFin.,MSc.,CFA
Investment experience since 2010
"If we can’t source one piece of the puzzle, we build it.”
Joined Mackenzie in 2017
- Leads 20 professionals managing $48 billion of multi-asset, equity and alternative investment portfolios, overseeing investment research and portfolio management.
- Has 12+ years of experience in investment research and portfolio management of multi-asset strategies, including equities, foreign exchange, sovereign debt and commodities.
- Was head portfolio manager of the active commodities portfolio at CPP Investment Board, covering energy, agriculture and metals.
Andrea Hallett, CFA
Investment experience since 1998
Joined Mackenzie in 2002
- Co-manager for Mackenzie Investments' multi-managed funds and strategic asset allocation programs.
- Has 15+ years of experience in the design, analysis and management of multi-asset portfolios in the Canadian institutional and retail mutual fund spaces.
Gleb Sivitsky, MFE,CFA,CAIA
Investment experience since 2014
Joined Mackenzie in 2014
- Primary responsibilities include macroeconomic alpha research, asset allocation and portfolio construction.
- Academic credentials include a Master of Financial Economics degree and both the CFA and CAIA designations.
Michael Kapler, MMF,CFA
Investment experience since 2002
Joined Mackenzie in 2016
- Uses expertise in quant equity portfolio construction to manage factor-based equity pools for the team.
- Industry background includes equity factor investing, alternative strategies, asset allocation and risk management.
Paul Taylor, MBA,CFA
Investment experience since 1988
Joined Mackenzie in 2019
- Significant investment experience in multi-asset allocation and Canadian equity management, as well as manager evaluation, selection and oversight.
- Served as Chief Investment Officer at a major Canadian bank, leading a large team of investment professionals and responsible for tactical asset allocation decisions.
Jules Boudreau, MA
Investment experience since 2020
Joined Mackenzie in 2020
- Manages the team’s macro investment research, provides analysis on economic trends and delivers client presentations on the interaction between markets and the global economy.
- Academic credentials include an MA in Economics and a BA in Economics and Math. Industry experience includes the Bank of Canada.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
The content of this web page (including facts, views, opinions, recommendations, descriptions of or references to, products or securities) is not to be used or construed as investment advice, as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, or an endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship of any entity or security cited. Although we endeavour to ensure its accuracy and completeness, we assume no responsibility for any reliance upon it.