Our team digs deep to uncover smaller companies with unrealized growth potential. We scour the small-mid cap market in the US, where tomorrow’s great companies are being forged in the world’s most highly developed entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Mackenzie Growth Team
We uncover growth opportunities in smaller US companies, targeting high quality, relatively unknown innovators at the forefront of changing technology, consumer needs and attitudes.
Meet our team
Phil Taller, MBA, CFA
Joined Mackenzie in 2002; investment experience since 1991
- With decades of expertise in US mid-cap stocks, Phil has managed Mackenzie US Small-Mid Cap Growth Fund since inception in 2002
- Formerly, managed $10 billion at a leading Canadian mutual fund company, focused on US equities and bottom-up company analysis as a Portfolio Manager on the Canadian Equities team
- BMath; MBA from the Schulich School of Business
Sonny Aggarwal, MBA, CFA
Joined Mackenzie in 2014; investment experience since 2000
- Covered US equities at one of Canada's leading hedge fund firms
- Research analyst at a small boutique investment firm for six years, specializing in US small- and mid-cap stocks.
- BComm; MBA from Oxford University
John Lumbers, CFA
Joined Mackenzie in 2012; investment experience since 2012
- 10 years in analyst and portfolio management roles on the Mackenzie Growth Team
- Expertise in various growth-oriented sectors, including: healthcare, information technology, payments and fintech.
- BA in Applied Economics from Queen’s University
Awards and rankings
The highest ratings given by the independent investment research firm Morningstar
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
The content of this web page (including facts, views, opinions, recommendations, descriptions of or references to, products or securities) is not to be used or construed as investment advice, as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, or an endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship of any entity or security cited. Although we endeavour to ensure its accuracy and completeness, we assume no responsibility for any reliance upon it.
Morningstar Star Ratings reflect performance of Series F as of February 28, 2022 and are subject to change monthly. The ratings are an objective, quantitative measure of a fund’s historical risk-adjusted performance relative to other funds in its category. Only funds with at least a three-year track record are considered. The overall star rating for a fund is a weighted combination calculated from a fund’s 3, 5, and 10-year returns, as available, measured against the 91-day treasury bill and peer group returns. A fund can only be rated if there are a sufficient number of funds in its peer group to allow comparison for at least three years. If a fund scores in the top 10% of its fund category, it gets 5 stars; if it falls in the next 22.5%, it receives 4 stars; a place in the middle 35% earns a fund 3 stars; those in the next 22.5% receive 2 stars; and the lowest 10% receive 1 star. For more details on the calculation of Morningstar Star Ratings, see www.morningstar.ca.
Mackenzie US Small-Mid Cap Growth Fund F, U.S. Small/Mid Cap Equity Category: 3 years - 4 stars (206 funds), 5 years - 5 stars (169 funds), 10 years - 5 stars (95 funds).